CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 3- Day of Beauty


Today, the girls and I spent the day at home beautifying ourselves. Well, actually, I spent the day beautifying them. Abigail and Isabelle received the full works today... manicure, pedicure, hair cut (actually it was a trim) and a style. They were so cute with their little feet in the pedicure bowl and the paint on their tiny fingernails. Their hair was in dyer need of a trim, especially their bangs. Both of them could hardly see me through their over grown mop! They cooperated very well and I had them done in no time at all. We had a great day!
This evening, Abigail helped me make dinner , while Isabelle played outside. We made chicken and rice soup from scratch and garlic green beans. Abigail learned how to peel carrots and snap green beans. Isabelle played make-believe on the swing set out back and finally came inside to see what was going on. While I made the final touches on dinner the girls colored pictures of us three as princesses.
It is wonderful having this time to be with the girls. It feels like I have been transported back to my Senior year in High School where we spent a lot of time together. The responsibilities of being an older sister are the most enjoyable to me! God is so good to have prepared me for such a time as this. He knew that my parents would need someone to take over while they were on this journey and God has prepared me to be that person! Thank you God for being so great and such an AWESOME God!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Lots of fun. Beautiful toenails. Aunt Wilma