CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 4- Such a Time as This

These last few days I have had a lot of time to think about why am here, at this point in my life...

As I have been with my two little sisters this week the verse that has continually gone through my mind is, "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14b) Now I know that I am not Queen Esther and I am not royal, but God has prepared each one of his people for certain things. Some are made to be evangelists, some to be nurses and some are just made to be mothers.
Since I was a little, little girl all I have ever truly wanted to be is a mother. Every muscle in my being aches to have that be my life. (Working is great and all, but its not me!) So anyhow, sometimes I believe God allows us to have a glimpse of what life would be like if we actually got what we "always wanted", and that time for me is now. God has allowed me to feel the life of the "24/7 mother" though watching my sisters... And the crazy thing is.... I still want it!!! I never knew how much a part of me this is until now.
God truly has prepared me "for such a time as this". This adoption journey could not be fully completed to the greatest degree if my parents had to worry about the little girls. This is where God has me and I am so happy that he can use me in my field of passion. :) God is teaching me to not look at the things that this world says are "the proper activity for your age", but to look to him and trust that he will provide each step of the way.

3 comments:

Theresa Tate said...

Hi Anna,
Right on! You have a great role model for mothering:)
Remember you have backup if you need it.
Blessings, Theresa

Jori said...

What a blessing you are! love, jori

Laurel said...

I just found your mom's blog ... which then brought me to your blog ... and I LOVE them both.

You sound just like my eldest daughter (age 23, and 2nd oldest of 13 children). She lives 8 hours away from us, but comes home to be "mama" when we are away (like in Africa adopting more children last spring). She also takes kids to her place for a week or 2 at a time (right now has 15 y.o. brother with her for 2 weeks).

All she wants to be is a mama ... but right now is working as a nanny, as she "patiently" waits for the Lord to bring her her knight in shining armor.

I look forward to reading more ...

blessings,

Laurel
mama of 13

PS: I think I saw that you live in Oregon. I'll have to read more to find out where. My daughter lives in Bend.