CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 6- Out of Our Minds

At this late hour of the night I was reading in 2 Corinthians 5 when I came across these verses, "If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all and therefore all died." (verses 13-14) It hit me, so many times I hear, "Your family is crazy, are you all out of your minds!!!???" As I look at my family and the worlds that have been brought under the same roof by the grace of God, there is no way I can answer anyone by saying we are not. Christ's love has compelled us to be out of our minds, crazy for him!! He loved us so much that he died for us and the most we can do is die to our earthly selves and give up ourselves for His good cause. Adoption is a step that you just take... God will reward those who follow him. Following God is not always comfortable, bit we do it for the sake of God. We take that "out of our mind" step and trust that Christ's love, which compelled us, will catch us as we take the leap of faith. There is nothing more rewarding as looking at a child and knowing that they are straight from the hand of God. Each one of my siblings is from God, but seeing my sister from China, my brother from Russia, and my two sisters from Ethiopia, I see God giving me a gift far greater than any earthly present I could ever receive... it is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance. These children are my reminder everyday that God is a faithful God, he is a true God, he is pure and he is the I AM!!! These children are HIM! They are what is specified as true religion:
"Religion that God our Gather accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

0 comments: